Wednesday, December 17, 2008

That Time of Year

 
The time to try to teach your kids the true meaning of Christmas. 
Last night we went to go look at Holiday lights and ended up at the best Christmas house, the Temple. You had to get out to see the Nativity, which was beautiful, but we could not linger long because it was 5 degrees out. Way too cold!


 
Trying to start new traditions.
Becca wanted to start the tradition of making Gingerbread Houses. So we made the dough, houses, and icing. Bought a bunch of candy that we don't need and tried it out. It went ok and we had a great time, but it is a lot of work. We will see if we are up to it next year.

 
Homemade Gifts
Actually this these are from a swap I did. I love Swaps. This swap I actually got an apron from the same person I had sent mine to which has not been the case before. In every swap I have either sent or received an apron from someone who is LDS, small world. The top one is the apron I sent out and the bottom one is the one I got, I love it! I was able to wear my gingerbread man apron while making our gingerbread houses.

 
SNOW!
The picture of the Nativity was last night and this is today. I just shoveled two times in a row and it now needs to be done again. Snow is absolutely beautiful I love it, I just wish it wasn't cold. This is the view out the car window this morning.
 
Time with Friends and Family
We went to Christmas Tree Elegance at the Davenport with the Skidmores. For all your information you may think it is something your kids would enjoy, but they get bored real quick, and it all comes apart. Maybe better for a couple night out.
These are some of the reasons why I love this time of year. There many more. 
Why do you love this time of year?

1 comment:

Kris said...

I am an LDS Kristin too. From Australia. I just had to comment when I read about your swaps being with LDS swapppers. This has happened to me too! I love swaps and this past year one of my partners turned out to be LDS too. It does make the world seem like a small place. I also feel like I know them more when they are LDS. Loved your photo of the nativity at the temple too. It looks just like the nativity at our temple!