Thursday, September 17, 2009

Score!

I always love a great deal! I stopped at a garage sale the other day and they had great prices. I hate when you go to one and everything is way over priced. So I found this great set of books for the kids for $20, online used it sells for $195 about. Yeah I am freaking out. Then I go to the sale across the street and find this camera tripod and ask how much it is, she says $5, I say sold. I know that these are at least $100. So I check it out yep $115 online. So I get in my van to go home and it wont start, try again won't start. My brother-in-law (thanks Steve!) had to come tow me home. We brought it in to get it checked out and the fuel pump is out. Sorry little wonderful van I can't put that much money into fixing you. So much for saving money.

5 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

What?! You did score, big time! Way to go Kristin! And I am glad that Clint had a day off from work. I hope all is going well.

Aimee said...

Can't beat a great deal! I need to get out more and look for them. I'll have to have you come and teach me.

Mamas said...

You could always resale to pay for the pump, but I wouldn't:)!

Kristin B. said...

I could but I can't! I love when it is a score that you get and it is really something you will use, not just something you get because of the great deal.

Christy Ivory said...

Bitter sweet....Darn..You scored on the books and the tripod. Man....you have all the luck!!:)