Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Big Trip

Clint does not get much time off so when he did we were very excited. So we hit the road to my sister Aimee's to visit her family in Vancouver, WA. We were so excited to spend time with her family. We kept very busy and went to the portland zoo to see the new baby elephant, who was sleeping. They had a dinosaur exhibit that Vincent loved and Valencia hated. She is not a fan of loud noises. The next day we hit OMSI a science museum, which we could have spent a couple days at. We learned about electricity, dinosaurs, reptiles. I think the kids loved the reptile petting zoo. I always thought a bearded dragon was really pokey but they are soft. Learn something new every day. We then headed to Seattle to visit Steve and Jana. I have no pictures with them. What is with that? We hit IKEA and the gum wall. The Space Needle was out of the question. There was some big concert going on so we skipped it.
The Photos:

The baby elephant


Signing the baby book


Scary Dinos!


Mark had a blast with this! The table had a circle in the middle that would spin and you would try to keep the different weighted item in one spot.


Electricity!


When some one cranked the handle on this, the pie tins would fly out of your hand. Very fun! I couldn't convince the kids to try.


One of the only family pictures we have in the last long while


Aimee helping the kids with stencils


Mind Teasers


Big Snake! The kids just love being able to touch all these reptiles. There was about 10 all together.


When we got out it was pouring down rain. We got this wet in a very short run.


Aimee and I
Thank you again for a great time with you and your family.


The gum wall


Totally disgusting


Yes you two are so Buck!


I found some pictures that I had taken on our little camera of our trip.



These are when we stopped in the Dalles. Great little downtown area. Vinny looks like he is the 5th Beatle. Th eone on the bottom Valencia looks pretty sweet in.
Aimee made the kids teddy bear pancakes. You are so fun! She even made me a dinosaur!

I did have some with the Hellers. Oh they are so cute. We hit the Vespa kiosk at the mall. Lily and Valencia had a great time together.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

That all looks like so much fun! I want to take my kids to the OMSCI someday, I know they'd love it.
And yeah....that gum wall is really gross. Were you guys adding your gum to the wall, or trying to pick off a snack? ;)