Saturday, September 6, 2008

Teaching importance!

Tonight Vincent asked "Mom when it is house buying day can we get a huge one?" I then had to explain we will get one sufficient for our needs, but if he does want to get a huge one he will have to get a job. He was willing to do so, we chatted about what is involved in getting a job for a little while and he decided he should wait "till I'm big as daddy."

Valencia had her second day of school and now thinks she needs a shirt that has the vest attached.
So I think we need to have a fashion talk.

Valencia: Everyone else has one.
Me: Do you really need one just because everyone else has one?
Valencia: "Yes"
Me: Do you think you would look good in it?
Valencia: Well I kind of look like Hailey and she looks good.


I think she may need to get a job too if this is the way her fashion needs are going to be.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

Oh the life lessons we all have to learn...I still sort of hope when it's "house buying day" that we can get a big house too. ;)
And don't they seem to notice fashion today way more than we ever did at their age? I'm sure I didn't even think twice about my outfits until about 6th or 7th grade, then it just hit me that it "mattered",lol. Both my girls care way more about all that so young, and I just wish sometimes there was a way to turn off the "what other people think" part of their brain so they could just enjoy being who they are and understand what unique beauty they have as an individual creation of God. In fact I wish I could do that for me too huh...