Thursday, July 24, 2008

Celebrate the Pioneers!






We love pioneer day! As a little girl it was one of my great memories. I was a little disappointed this year when the parade was little there were three games and just not like I remember as a little girl. I am grateful for those who traveled across the plains, made many sacrifices for what they believed in. I know I don't (so far) have to leave everything I have a travel across the plains to a new place. I do have to deal with different challenges of worldly things that threaten me an my children. I have learned that some very hard things may come my way but I just need to pick up my hand cart and travel on.
Clint and I were challenged to a potato sack race. We rocked! It was so fun having Amia with us. Here and Valencia would do " Bonnet talk" (as they call it) and tell their little secrets. Vincent had a hard time getting into the whole dressing up thing but he soon had a fun time. The food was wonderful. I probably should have stopped at one cinnimon roll!

1 comment:

Stephani said...

Love the zebra! Now that's pioneering. ;) It looks like Clint is totally cheating on the 3-legged race though, is he just lifting Vince up and taking all the steps himself? lol, jk.