Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our excitement for the night



This is the view west from the front of our house tonight! Our 72 hour kits are packed in our car but I think we are out of harms way at this point. We were just a couple blocks from the evacuation zone. The kids had a scare but are now tucked quietly in their beds. Pray for those still in this scary situation.

We had some neighbors ask "What should we take with us if we are evacuated?" I am so thankful for the guidance from our church leaders to be prepared for a situation like this. We had been told many times and not to long ago I got our 72 hours kits all together. What a comfort It was tonight to know we had everything ready and could just grab it and go. Although if we had been evacuated I think I would have had Clint pack up all my scrapbooks and my camera. Everything else I would not have trouble leaving.

If you would like to get started on your 72 hour kit here is a list of items.

I suggest this for food. It is light weight and last for about 6 years. We tried out the lasagna and it was stinkin' good.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Oh my goodness! Where do you live?? Hang in there (if you can)!

Kimberly Robinson said...

Yay! I was hoping to meet some neat new people on flickr! Thanks for stopping by, it's always fun to hear from people.

That's crazy about the fire! Good for you for being prepared. There's no greater peace than what comes from that, huh?

Are you in WA?! How cool is that? We live in Buckley & my husband works in Seattle. Do you know other local photogs? I knew of a few, it would be fun to have a group shoot sometime!