Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Don't Mess with Texas

I know my blog is very picture heavy but that is how I speak. Obviously you can tell by all my spelling errors. Spell Check can only do so much.

So my mom and I went on a trip to Texas to visit my Aunt Cathy and Cousin Marilyn whom we have not seen for 22 years. It was a wonderful trip and so nice to visit. Cathy kept us busy from the moment we got there which was wonderful. Thank you for the great time and all you did for us!

Marilyn and Cathy


Marilyn and I


We were able to go to a session at the Dallas Temple while we were there. Wonderful!


We went to the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza. John F Kennedy was shot from the sixth floor of this building. I learned a lot here. I am not too much of a history buff so I probably should have known most of what I learned already.


I thought for just a moment that while in Texas I needed to get myself a real cowgirl hat. That thought only lasted until I tried some on and remembered that I don't look to good in hats.


I'm thinking the same for you mom!



We hit the Japanese Gardens and these Koi were the biggest I had ever seen.


As we were walking through downtown Dallas we happened upon the Holocaust museum. I am so glad we did. It was incomprehensible what happened there. This is the first picture you see as you enter. Above it, it reads "The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen. -Albert Einstein
I cried through most of the exhibit and cry as I write this now. It is something I hope we all remember and do all we can to not stand around and let it happen.

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Dallas? How fun!! Adam and I got married in the Dallas Temple so that was a pretty special picture you shared. Hope all is going well with you. Oh and funny videos! Looks like you had alot of fun.

Kristin B. said...

Are either of you from texas? I don't remeber that. It was a wonderful temple.