Thursday, July 3, 2008

Suitcase!


I have been looking for some different size suitcases to use as decor and toy storage in the kids room. Maybe stack them up in the corner. So I finally made my first purchase $5 at the neighbors yard sale. Most this size have been $45 or more. Of course it has the musty smell in it so I febreezed it, that was a no go. Then I covered the inside with baking soda and left it out in the sun all day and night. Then we had this crazy rain storm that came abruptly and it got wetter than I would have liked but that caused minimal damage. My kids will do more damage than that. The smell is somewhat there still but the slightest mustiness sets off my asthma. So now I put a cup of vinegar in it closed it up and put it in the sun. Hopefully this will bake it out. I would rather have vinegar smell. I will let you know how it works!

No comments: