Thursday, October 23, 2008

To make my day....

When I woke up this morning, to my surprise, there was a little note waiting for me. Clint was playing on my love for the National Treasure movies and sent me on a hunt. Valencia thought it would be funny if I had to steal the Deceleration of Independence, me not so much. It did not get quite that intense, but it sure made for a great day of anticipation and fun. This is quite the surprise from Clint. I am always complaining he is not romantic but he makes up for it in big ways like this.

 
  
 My first clue lead me here to the public library.
  
 After a little research I found the book I needed to.
Vincent did a great job on this picture.
  
  
 I found my next clue inside.
  
After I ordered my blueberry thrill I received my next clue.
 
 A stone like a queen.
  
Vincent was a great helper. He loves a good treasure hunt.
  
 What a cool little old box to find. It looked like it had been waiting for me for years.
  
 To use at our date tonight.
 
You may need these to see what awaits 
the drama, the intrigue, the character's fates
tonight's not a dream, just a chance to get out - 
we'll hear the music and the players will shout - 
the phantom awaits!
Thank you honey!
I have been giddy all day and feel like today is a great day. I can't believe how much a little thing can make you feel so loved and change how you have been feeling for a while.
This was very thought out and I think those are the best surprises.
Guys here is a challenge to do something for your wife that makes her feel special. 
We love that!

5 comments:

Hansen Family said...

That so sweet and creative! Great reason to have miss playgroup today. We did miss you through :)Have a wonderful time on your date tonight.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Clint! Very Creative!!
You won an award...check out my blog for details.

:)Tiff

Gary and Terry said...

Clint you are the BEST !!! What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do for your wife. And what a fun way to go on a date night. I am so impressed, maybe you should talk to your Father in Law !!! We love you both. Have a date and a nice week :)

Christy Ivory said...

Krisin,
This has to earn Clint some major brownie points... Wow!! I am totally impressed.. That is very romantic.. I also went on thurs. night and it was my first time going. Wasn't it amazing??
Thanks for coming. I had such a great time. Those pictures just make me laugh. Talk to you soon,
Christy

Stephani said...

That is SO cool!! Wow, I'm going to make Aaron read that. :)